Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Norma TAC-22
08-27-2014, 12:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-27-2014, 12:55 PM by Kurt.)
Video  Norma TAC-22
I finally got out and shot the Win low wall .22 with the mew supply of the Norma tac .22 shells I got.
I took the high powered 6.5X20 Leupold VX III off .222 and put it on the low wall to test these shells. I set up a target @ 50 yards and got the scope tuned in on center and shot 5 shot groups using Lapua, Eley edge flat nosed, CCI green, and Wolf match.
The Norma shot quite well compared to the high priced Eley and Lapua Midas I had left over in a partial box. The Lapua shot very tight enough that the 1/8 Minute dot the scope has I could just see a round ring around the dot.
I must say the Norma shoots quite well against the high end .22's I used. I don't know yet how it will hold up at the 200 yard line my berm is only 130 yards from my bench Smile
I ran some of the Norma through the Waltz accurizing die and uniformed the bullet to a .225 diameter with a flat nose and made some uniformed hollow points and that shrunk the croup a little more.

Kurt
The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
08-27-2014, 02:45 PM,
RE: Norma TAC-22
From what we've shot of that ammunition, I believe it to be pretty good.
I got ahold of some SK rifle match the other day and am looking forward to trying it.
A wise man can always be found alone. A weak man can always be found in a crowd.
08-28-2014, 04:20 PM,
Printed up some Ram small bore silhouette targets and went out to the 200 yard range today. It wasn't the best day for this but not bad with the thunderstorm moving in and a mild 8 +- mph head wind. I shot up a box finding the target and shooting a bunch on it when I found it.
I'm really not satisfied with the last 10 rounds each on the last two targets. I have seen better in the past using different ammo in this rifle.
[Image: th_IMG_2111_zpsb152f788.jpg]
The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
08-28-2014, 05:34 PM,
Looks like you got a 5 in a row pin on the top one, but things sure fell apart on the bottom.
Wonder it it's leading the bore a bit?
A wise man can always be found alone. A weak man can always be found in a crowd.
08-28-2014, 06:04 PM,
I haven't cleaned the rifle yet Don. I can run the bore scope in it to see it that is the case
08-28-2014, 06:32 PM,
I would be curious to know if that is the problem. Assuming you shot the top ram first, things sure fell apart on the bottom one.
08-28-2014, 07:37 PM,
I ran the scope down the barrel and it is coated pretty heavy the first 10". Last night I just ran a couple patches of Hoppe's and dried it out and oiled. Just a light cleaning after 200 rounds shot last night and almost 100 today is a little much to expect out of the little thing.
If the rains stop by morning I will go out again.
That two ram target is very good to see @200 using the scope. I might cut some out and past them on some cardboard backer and see if I can see it using the tang.
08-28-2014, 07:52 PM,
Will be interesting to see how it shoots from a clean barrel at distance. I need to get our guns swabbed out before we go to Casper, Saturday.
08-28-2014, 09:26 PM,
Well I got it clean. Only took a few hours Smile For a while I thought I would have to get the Outers out Smile
I also dough out the .52 Win and shoot a few out of that rifle.
08-29-2014, 12:11 AM,
(08-28-2014, 09:26 PM)Kurt Wrote: Well I got it clean. Only took a few hours Smile For a while I thought I would have to get the Outers out Smile
I also dough out the .52 Win and shoot a few out of that rifle.

I haven't shot any of it thru my Winchester 75 target gun.
I did read the review that Champion Shooters supply had on it when they had some instock awhile back. I don't remember what rifle they used, but they were pretty wound up about the 50 meter group they got of it.
I also think that said that ammo is actually made by RWS.