Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Match
09-18-2021, 09:04 PM,
Match
Just got back from a match in the Ozarks, they usually set up from 3 to 700 yards, but tried something different offhand bucket and diamond at 300,2 rectangles at 400,and octagon and buffalo at the ram line. 48 shot match, I got second with a 38 and my partner got a 40. He was shooting my 40 caliber PP bore diameter for the first time. Had a good time.
09-18-2021, 09:58 PM,
RE: Match
Where is that match?

I'm loaded for the monthly long range the first Sat of the month and the little Quigley on the second weekend at Forsyth Mt.
The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
09-18-2021, 10:04 PM,
That range at Houston is pretty nice.
A wise man can always be found alone. A weak man can always be found in a crowd.
09-19-2021, 05:08 AM,
Yes Don, very nice range and great people.
09-19-2021, 08:47 AM,
(09-18-2021, 09:58 PM)Kurt Wrote: I'm loaded for the monthly long range the first Sat of the month and the little Quigley on the second weekend at Forsyth Mt.

Now I'm gonna have to get my butt in gear and start practicing if you are gonna show up.
I've had my 45-110 rounds loaded since early this spring for a long range match.
Now I gotta get to testing the Borchardt 40-82 for the mini Q.

( I figured out why some of the shells wouldn't chamber in the Borchardt when we were shooting it. You have to hold your mouth just right for the ejecter to go back in or it will stop the cases from chambering.)
09-20-2021, 06:05 PM,
Bryan,

I’m on my way. I just dropped the anchor in Rapid it’s Sd. Carolyn wants to see the Buff round up In the Custer Park before heading up your way.
Don’t get to excited. I didn’t have time to load so I took odd & end rounds.
The way the head winds were blowing all the way here to the hills I thing I should have packed the .50 instead the girly gun.?

Kurt
The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
09-20-2021, 08:09 PM,
(09-20-2021, 06:05 PM)Kurt Wrote: Bryan,

I’m on my way. I just dropped the anchor in Rapid it’s Sd. Carolyn wants to see the Buff round up In the Custer Park before heading up your way.
Don’t get to excited. I didn’t have time to load so I took odd & end rounds.
The way the head winds were blowing all the way here to the hills I thing I should have packed the .50 instead the girly gun.?

Kurt

Kurt, I’m looking forward to shooting with you again. I’m going to pack along my 50-70 roller as well as the 45-110. I couldn’t hit the side of a barn the last match so I’m trying a variety of loads. And new eyeglasses…
Mike
09-21-2021, 09:49 AM,
Mike,

Good to see you back up and around.
It will be good to see you and me. Sue again.

Kurt
09-21-2021, 08:09 PM,
(09-20-2021, 06:05 PM)Kurt Wrote: Don’t get to excited. I didn’t have time to load so I took odd & end rounds.

Kurt

maybe we'll be on even keel then since my shooting has been non existent this summer.
Trying to talk my daughter and her husband into coming down the day before the Mini Q and shooting with me just for fun.
09-21-2021, 09:27 PM,
I don’t know about this even keel thing from what I have seen going through the fridge doors I think my keel n Ed’s an extra ton of weight to keep me from listing 30 degrees port. ?