Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone tried a Krieger barrel?
04-10-2018, 10:46 PM,
Has anyone tried a Krieger barrel?
Has anyone ever built a BPCR for silhouette in 45 caliber and used a Krieger barrel with the Alexander Henry rifling? It says it’s supposed to not foul as much because it’s made for shooting black powder.

Just wondering.
04-10-2018, 11:45 PM,
RE: Has anyone tried a Krieger barrel?
I had a 40-65 with a Kreiger on it. Can't say that it was any better than the other brands of barrels.
A wise man can always be found alone. A weak man can always be found in a crowd.
04-11-2018, 12:12 AM,
Don the Alexander Henry rifling is not of the ordinary Smile
Kevin I have been thinking about it and at the time I got my last barrel from them they did not make one for the .44 and I have not checked lately.
The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
04-11-2018, 08:39 AM,
Kevin, if I were going to use a non Shiloh barrel , I would recommend either a Douglas or McGowen. McGowen will custom contour , and other places will contour either brand. But if you're looking at a strictly long range target gun, leaving the barrel in the 1.25 round blank will make a fine gun.
The Douglas premium barrels are oft over looked, but they shoot great.

Kurt guess it's been to long since we've seen each other, and there's been a lot of stuff come and went thru the safe that you never saw or heard of..
A wise man can always be found alone. A weak man can always be found in a crowd.