Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Trapdoors
12-28-2013, 10:38 AM,
#4
RE: Trapdoors
I did things a bit backwards and came into a trapdoor that was modified to a hunting rifle that I got for a price I could not refuse. It had a shortened barrel replaced sights no collector value at all. So I did my research after the fact. Turns out that it was a sound gun and I shoot BP loads through it. One book that I recommend is Loading Cartridges for the 45-70 Springfield Rifle by J.S and Pat Wolf. It has a lot of information of how to duplicate the orig military loading used in these rifles as well as the history and what to look for when buying one. Since I got the rifle I've had the opportunity to see other trapdoors at gun shows and shops and their condition varied from ones that I would shoot to others that I wouldn't let near a loaded round. The one thing common about all of those guns were that they were asking $750 and up for them.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Trapdoors - by Wislnwings - 12-27-2013, 07:24 PM
RE: Trapdoors - by Don McDowell - 12-28-2013, 12:00 AM
RE: Trapdoors - by bobw - 12-28-2013, 10:35 AM
RE: Trapdoors - by smbrj - 12-28-2013, 10:38 AM
RE: Trapdoors - by Tombstone 71 - 12-28-2013, 12:26 PM
RE: Trapdoors - by Wislnwings - 01-04-2014, 07:04 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | HistoricShooting.com | Return to Top | | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication