Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wy Midrange State match results
06-05-2022, 11:52 PM,
Wy Midrange State match results
The Outland family did another fine job of putting the match on. The weather was pretty good for shooting altho the conditions were a bit tricky at times there were some really good scores shot.
They are planning to run it again next year in the same time frame.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

A wise man can always be found alone. A weak man can always be found in a crowd.
06-06-2022, 09:33 AM,
RE: Wy Midrange State match results
It looks like the top 7 were running neck to neck all the way,
Is there a equipment list out?
The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
06-06-2022, 09:36 AM,
The equipment list had not been compiled yet, but there is one. I don't know if Cheri will get it out in her usual group email, along with pictures from the match or not. But it will be with the match report in the BPCR News magazine.
A wise man can always be found alone. A weak man can always be found in a crowd.
06-06-2022, 09:43 AM,
Don,

Were there any .38's on line?
The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
06-06-2022, 10:06 AM,
Not that I am aware of.
06-06-2022, 06:13 PM,
Food for thought. Don, how many rounds are required to shoot this match ? As it looks to be held only a couple of weekends before the Q... I'm contemplating incorporating into a slightly longer trip one year. Perhaps shoot this match, then have a bit of a drive and 'look see' before returning to Montana for the Q and Big Hill shoots. If I could fly in, collect my rifle and drive there I could possibly get 85-90 loaded rounds into checked baggage. Just contemplating options. Good turn out by the look of it.
..rgds.. Gavin.
" Don't know where I'm going but there's no sense being late " !
06-06-2022, 06:24 PM,
Gavin it's about 100 miles from Billings.
It's more or less a standard midrange match so for the 3 x 2 targets it takes 84 rounds. If you use all 4 sighters and 10 for score in each relay.
Would be good to have you and your crew there if possible.
06-06-2022, 06:59 PM,
Thanks Don. Yes that's certainly 'do-able' . My 'crew' is diminished with advancing years and of course the last 2.5 yrs have taken a lot of the 'get up and go' out of more than a few people. Lets see... fly into Bozeman.. collect car, then rifle.. drive to Worland, back to Big Timber for their gun show, then the Q...and on to Baker. Probably wont be able to do that every year but I may be able to swing it . I'll look into it further. Thanks for the info.
G/ JB.
" Don't know where I'm going but there's no sense being late " !
06-06-2022, 07:02 PM,
Well hopefully you can swing it. Unless something makes a change it should be the first weekend in June. Watch for the entry forms etc about December or January. The way this match is growing in popularity it wouldn't surprise me to much if the 32 available slots don't fill fast in the future.
06-06-2022, 07:03 PM,
you can find the details for this years match here.http://historicshooting.com/thread-3219.html