Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lodi results
05-01-2022, 05:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-01-2022, 06:51 PM by Kurt. Edit Reason: computer has it's own way putting things down. )
Lodi results
It looks like it was a tight race and Brent made it to the top
I was monitoring weather map and it was a tough go with the conditions.
Good work guys!!

Maybe Jim and Steve will give the full report on what was going on.

Kurt

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
05-01-2022, 06:03 PM,
RE: Lodi results
Looks like it was pretty tight between the top 3 with only 10 points separating them
A wise man can always be found alone. A weak man can always be found in a crowd.
05-01-2022, 11:29 PM,
On Saturday , Looks like they got in all three relays of 1000 Plus they must have shot two 900s so as to not take the time for the move to 800.
Then full 1k, 900,800 on Sunday.
Arnie
05-02-2022, 06:00 AM,
Two 1000 yard targets on Saturday. Late start due to rain, and early finish due to rain and tornado watch.
Three 900 yard targets on Sunday.
Conditions were challenging both days!
05-02-2022, 07:54 AM,
Good job Steve.
Looks like there must of been on relay on that 900 that got most everybody in a bit of the score sheet blues.
A wise man can always be found alone. A weak man can always be found in a crowd.
05-02-2022, 09:36 AM,
Jim and Cliff came through a nose to nose photo finish.
I like seeing a tight race like this with the conditions from the tail end of the Storm that went through Nebraska.

Jim, I think that .44-77 did well if you used it.
What was your load?

Steve, did Cliff shoot his .38?

Well done all of you......
The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
05-02-2022, 09:39 AM,
It wasn't your typical match for sure as we had to work around the weather both days. I don't know what the wind speeds were exactly, but there was enough wind to cause tall pines the lean over 10 feet & more when it was on them.

We started late Saturday once the rain had pretty much ended, but it left us with a very gray target area. I was shooting my .44-77 with a scope and I have no idea how guys with irons were able to see the target.

We did manage to get everybody through two 1000 yard relays before the rain returned. Brent and I were shooting together but calling our own wind since our 3rd guy was unable to make it. Just staying on paper in the rapidly changing winds was not easy, I managed to leak the last shot on each relay off the target! Sad
Talking to other shooters not many were able to keep all shots on paper even with coaching.

I was in the pit when the rain returned in the afternoon and the targets got wet fast. Pasters would't stick. When that relay ended we put the targets away for the day.

I finished day one in second place 11 points behind Tony Martello. I was pretty happy with the way my .44-77 was shooting even though my scores didn't look very good.

On Sunday Brent and I were able to pick up a 3rd guy, Bob Walline, because one shooter was unable to shoot that day. Bob and I were able to coach Brent to the win even with the on and off drizzle.

Brent shot very well with arguably the best two spotters on the line working hard to keep him on paper and in the middle most of the time.

Sunday was a miserable cold day with on and off drizzle that had everybody digging through their cars and trucks for more clothes to layer up against the bitter winds that I think were even harder to read than those on Saturday. I had two jackets on, one over the other, and I must have looked like a turtle crawling out of his shell after each shot. The recoil would kind of push me back inside the many layers as my jacket would stay in place on the mat and I would slide back inside my shell. Big Grin

While the 1st relay on Saturday at 900 went very well for me and my .44-77, I gave up too many points on the last two relays to finish near the top. Even then I was only 8 points out of 3rd place.

This was by far my best result yet with my .44-77 in a long range match and makes me think I'm headed in the right direction with this rifle. Maybe under more shooter friendly conditions I could hold up my end a bit better, the rifle and load certainly did their part.

Congratulations to Brent, Steve and Tony, all three shot very well in some tough conditions to finish in the top three.

These kind of matches are not a lot of fun at the time but always leave me with good memories of sticking it out, staying in the game and spending time with like minded friends. Any way you look at it it's time well spent!
Jim Kluskens
aka Distant Thunder
05-02-2022, 09:45 AM,
That's the sort of thing that makes long range target rifle such a challenge, and a ton of fun.
Nice job with that nasty ol bottleneck cartridge with the standard chamber !!
05-02-2022, 11:51 AM,
Very good Jim. That pretty much matches what little Brent said. He also put two off the 1000.
I think we all have seen those conditions at Lodi. I remember one match when the sky came down and I ended taking the front sight insert out just using the whole open hood to see the paper at 1000.
Harris is up again in two weeks and it's up in the air for me at this point. I'm having a hard time getting a schedule for my back surgery. The closest one is June 17 and I don't think I can keep my mind on the sights sitting on that stool the way the back feels now.
My hat is off to all of you that stuck it out.

Kurt
05-02-2022, 01:54 PM,
Congrats to all who shot. Jim, That 44-77 sure looks like it will do the job for you.
I wish I could have been there to hang out. I was a hard decision.
Besides the weather, a nagging back ache made the decision for me.

I sure hope to get back to Lodi in August. Including that 200yds Rimfire BPTR event on Friday
Arnie