Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Having some fun with a pair of Uberti 1860s
09-17-2017, 08:08 AM,
Having some fun with a pair of Uberti 1860s
I purchased an Uberti 1860 Army a month or so back and just added another to double the fun. Beautiful reproductions and a lot of fun to goof around with. I'm needing more practice.

[Image: 37269397805_5575af8594_b.jpg]Untitled by Doug Hansen, on Flickr

09-17-2017, 08:59 PM,
RE: Having some fun with a pair of Uberti 1860s
You must be just sitting around looking at them; they still have all the bluing. Nice six shooters.
09-18-2017, 01:12 PM,
Great fun working a pair of six shooter's like an old time Pistolero isn't it! Nice work and very stylish!!
09-18-2017, 09:43 PM,
They are still practically new. I'm sure they'll gain some character as I use them more.

Thanks for the compliment, it is a lot of fun for sure. I need some more accuracy and speed.

One of the revolvers shoots to the right. A friend suggested trying different powder charges to see if that helps it shoot to point of aim a bit more. I'll have to give it a try - but I'd rather have a pair I can load identically and get point of impact to match point of aim.
10-28-2017, 12:15 AM,
Those are a very nice looking pair. I have an 1851 that was was sold by Haws. Yea that goes back a long time. I need to get some new parts for it as I swaped out some of my parts to replace some broken parts in my brothers gun. They are both the same but mine has some really nice wood in the grips.
Earlier this year I picked up one of the little Remington pistols in .31 cal. A lot of fun to play with. It took a bit to find the proper size balls for it but the fun factor is about off the scales. It does shot quite high but for as small as it is, and the poor sights on it, at about 10 yds you can cover 5 shots with your hand, I don't think that is too bad. On the Cold design, when you take into consideration how the sights are and every thing else, they do shoot quite well. And the fun factor is just about off the scale.
Long live the dark side.
Sam
11-07-2017, 06:44 PM,
Hanz if I would have shot past the camera like that I would have wiped it out I seen some wads fly past. Smile
The front sight is not hard to get centered up. I have a couple 6 shooters that were off far enough that I had to fix them. Those front blades are soldered into a slot and I just put a hot soldering iron on one and melted the solder and just moved the blasé slightly and let it cool. The other one was silver soldered and I had to use a sharp flame torch on the blade to get it to break loose. I cant tell I heated the blade to get it fixed.
The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.