Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
I cant get it any better
03-27-2014, 02:27 PM,
#1
I cant get it any better
I been playing in the snow again this winter to find the right alloy mix for the new Danielson 514 prolate bullet mould I got last fall for the .45-2.4.
I wanted the least amount of bullet setback plus soft enough so I get full upset to have the lands get a good grip for rotation and not letting the nose get deformed and to have the patch just high enough so bare lead don't come in contact with the lands to keep the lead smears off the lands and groves that destroys the accuracy before the end of a relay.
That bullet only shortened up .023" and the nose held with out a blemish.
Now to continue load development for the summer silhouette matches. Smile
I just love it when a plan starts to come together right Tongue
Kurt
[Image: IMG_1897_zpsa7324e45.jpg]
The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
I cant get it any better - by Kurt - 03-27-2014, 02:27 PM
RE: I cant get it any better - by Don McDowell - 03-27-2014, 02:29 PM
RE: I cant get it any better - by Kurt - 03-27-2014, 02:57 PM
RE: I cant get it any better - by hipshot - 03-27-2014, 04:18 PM
RE: I cant get it any better - by Kurt - 03-27-2014, 04:30 PM
RE: I cant get it any better - by Kurt - 03-27-2014, 04:48 PM
RE: I cant get it any better - by Frank Savage - 03-27-2014, 05:18 PM
RE: I cant get it any better - by Kurt - 03-27-2014, 06:15 PM
RE: I cant get it any better - by Gunlaker - 03-27-2014, 07:39 PM
RE: I cant get it any better - by Kurt - 03-27-2014, 10:08 PM
RE: I cant get it any better - by Kurt - 03-27-2014, 10:18 PM
RE: I cant get it any better - by Gunlaker - 03-28-2014, 11:13 AM
RE: I cant get it any better - by Kurt - 03-28-2014, 12:52 PM
RE: I cant get it any better - by Kurt - 03-28-2014, 01:09 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | HistoricShooting.com | Return to Top | | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication