Posts: 426
Location: Down Under
Joined: Apr 2013
Reputation:
0
RE: Just another mould..or two.
Well ..its been a while...and since we havent been able to travel within our state for the last few month and get to ranges..... well..what can I say. Yes, I've ordered some new moulds. Both brass moulds from Accurate...one a twin cavity for my 357. Catalogue #36/169D which arrived a few weeks back and another twin cavity now on order and hopefully will see in early November. Toms obviously fairly busy so at least I can rest easy knowing the 'mould of the month club' membership is very healthy and growing all the time . The 357 mould does take a while to warm up..with those small cavities but is throwing a very sharp looking bullet. Its fairly long forward of the crimp groove but was designed to clear the cylinder in my Trooper which its doing just nicely. Now when I get to shoot it ..could be the big question.
Likely the more interesting to members... a twin cavity dual design/dual calibre mould for 40 & 44 . The 40 being # 40/414P and the 44 version # 44/489P. The longer dd bullets I had designed through Rick at Kal have done well but were really suited to the 1/17" rifle in the U.S. As I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever see that again I've these to play with in my 1/19 44 and 1/14 40 back home. Provided of course we are allowed to get to a range. Didnt post the pictures as I feared the files may be too big but the catalogue numbers will get you there. FYI.
best regards from Down Under... J.B.
" Don't know where I'm going but there's no sense being late " !