Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Lever rifle matches
12-31-2015, 12:27 AM,
#8
RE: Lever rifle matches
Kurt, Let me put in a bit of a plug for the '93 in .38/55. My comments must be entirely in general, of course, because I have no idea about the condition of the rifle you'll be looking at. But in my little collection of cannons is a '93 SRC in .32/40 and I do like that little gun. Mine is just a shooter but in the best way. It was re-barreled sometime before I got it, with a Marlin barrel in new condition. So, the best part about the rifle is the barrel. That also brought the price down to my level and I got in in the late '70s for $200. There are times when I wish it was a rifle with a tang sight, for more accurate shooting. As it is, it only has the carbine rear sight on the barrel, probably a Winchester sight actually, and that will probably never be changed. It's just a good little "short range" shooter the way it is. And I have a range of bullet molds for it from the 98 grain short range bullet up to about 175 grains. Now, if I could only find a twin to it in .38/55... Shoot sharp, Mike
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Lever rifle matches - by Kurt - 12-30-2015, 08:11 PM
RE: Lever rifle matches - by knobsmt - 12-30-2015, 08:32 PM
RE: Lever rifle matches - by Kurt - 12-30-2015, 09:15 PM
RE: Lever rifle matches - by Kurt - 12-30-2015, 09:19 PM
RE: Lever rifle matches - by bruce moulds - 12-30-2015, 09:54 PM
RE: Lever rifle matches - by Mike - 12-30-2015, 10:02 PM
RE: Lever rifle matches - by Kurt - 12-30-2015, 10:33 PM
RE: Lever rifle matches - by Mike - 12-31-2015, 12:27 AM
RE: Lever rifle matches - by Kurt - 01-29-2016, 07:32 PM
RE: Lever rifle matches - by Don McDowell - 01-29-2016, 07:55 PM
RE: Lever rifle matches - by Kurt - 01-29-2016, 08:05 PM
RE: Lever rifle matches - by Don McDowell - 01-29-2016, 10:35 PM
RE: Lever rifle matches - by Kurt - 01-29-2016, 11:40 PM
RE: Lever rifle matches - by Don McDowell - 01-29-2016, 11:42 PM
RE: Lever rifle matches - by Kurt - 01-30-2016, 12:13 AM
RE: Lever rifle matches - by Don McDowell - 01-30-2016, 01:30 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Contact Us | HistoricShooting.com | Return to Top | | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication