Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Crossno liner
08-04-2019, 05:36 PM
RE: Crossno liner
A sample of Super Lube Synthetic Grease with PTFE is what Crossno provides with their inserts. I just ordered a 14.1 oz jar from Amazon for $9.85. That will provide enough liner lube for many generations to come.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-31-2019, 06:28 PM
RE: Crossno liner
I made a liner for my 44-85 and spent a little time shooting it - not enough to get good data or give it a chance to produce good groups with the "right" ammo.
As per my normal, I moved on. I went looking for a fast twist liner for a 22 rimfire - and found it... Randy at Redman Liner had some .222 diameter in a 1:9 twist. I ordered a few for the sake of science. The first became a liner for a Shiloh I just picked up in 45-70. Finished it this morning along with the front sight and with the wind below 10 mph, spent some time at my range. Non-weighed or sorted Aguila 60 gr. show some promise at a 100 yds. Had several 5 shot groups less than 1.5" but the wind picked up gusting to 15 mph after about 5 groups so I'll continue later. I have hopes these will look good at 3 and 4 hundred yards. With the breeze up I tried a few different brands of standard or target ammo, groups appear to be about 1/2 MOA larger than the 60 gr. were giving me.            
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply