Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2020 BPTRA National Championship
09-29-2020, 08:19 AM
2020 BPTRA National Championship
First off a tip of the hat and job well done Robert. Fine job of putting the whole thing together, and pulling it off without a hitch.
Eron Ahmer was the line officer, and did a great job of calling the line.
34 shooters some seasoned veterans, making their first trip to the CRC range, and some first time Creedmoor shooters.
It was really fun to see the pits full. The weather started out quite unusual for the range, temps were on the higher end but the wind on Thursday practice day was quite well behaved. Friday morning dawn broke nice ,somewhat over cast, flags not trying to tear them selves off the poles. There were some deceptive switches, and with the cloud cover mirage reading was an art in itself. By the end of the day some of the first time shooters at Byers were saying what's this all about with these horror stories about the winds here..HEHEH hang on boys,,, Saturday was a bit the same but at least the winds were more consistent. Dave Gullo and John Venhouse did their usual magical shooting and spotting, and while I'm not certain, but Dave may have fired a range record Creedmoor score. Course of fire was 63 minutes block time including prep, for unlimted sighters and 10 shots for score.
Sunday the winds were screaming mostly out of the north at something probably close to 30 mph, it was 46 degrees with light drizzle, when we sent the first rounds down range for the final day. The course of fire was 15 rounds for score unlimited sighters with a 73 minute block time including 3 minute prep.. Reading mirage was a no go, so the spotter just had to fly by the seat of his pants and trust the flags. There were some let ups in the wind which were a killer, and by the end of the first relay a lot of scores where way down.
With all that said, here's the scores.

.pdf  2020 BPTRA NATIONALS SCORES-0001.pdf (Size: 164.93 KB / Downloads: 12)

A wise man can always be found alone. A weak man can always be found in a crowd.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2020, 08:04 PM
RE: 2020 BPTRA National Championship
Is Lucinda still shooting her .40-65 or is she shooting a heavier caliber now for the long range?

The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
10-01-2020, 08:12 PM
Believe she was shooting a 45-100 with a scope.

A wise man can always be found alone. A weak man can always be found in a crowd.
10-01-2020, 08:16 PM
Tough Lacy for sure!!

There are some pretty good scores from the conditions I been reading.

The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
10-01-2020, 09:19 PM
Yup there were some whizzing scores shot. The wind on Friday when we shot was a quartering tail wind mostly from the right, going to full value right left, to quartering headwind from the right, Next day was more tail wind, but still lots of variables in the direction and speed. Sunday when we shot the first target it was full on head wind probably mostly around 30 with 47 degree temp and occasional drizzle..

10-01-2020, 10:16 PM
I carry the heavy carhartt bibs this time of year when I'm on the roads.
I saw someplace maybe FaceBook that you got one of the A frame gypsy wagons. How do you like it? I always thought it would be a nice outfit for short trips.

10-01-2020, 10:19 PM
Don:
It was an honor to pull targets for you and Eddie!
Some may remember, after Last years match, I acquired a 45-90 Shiloh. That rifle worked quite well this year, although the shooter didn't.
Regardless.... I'm looking forward to next year! Robert does put on a great match.

Ed
Rockridge
10-02-2020, 12:34 AM
Ed you and Steve did well pulling targets.
Keep on shooting the long lines it'll all come together for you.

10-02-2020, 12:36 AM
Kurt I think that A frame will be good for what we bought it for. Won't pick it up until the 14th when we drop the 5th wheel for some warranty work. Hopefully if things work as planned will spend a week in it elk hunting after the 24th.