Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The MVA "A" scope
07-28-2020, 06:22 PM
The MVA "A" scope
I been fighting the MVA a scope with the Silhouette mounts since I got it. Just turning the elevation slightly with the MOA add on just moving it what should be 1 moa the bullet goes into orbit as well as changing the windage.
Today I mounted the scope on my 1/16 twist .44-100 st and set up on the 100 yard range I seldom do but a friend suggested I should shoot close to get a good sight picture, well today I did just that.
The block spacing n this rifle is 7.2" MVA suggests 10.34" Well I found the reason they say 10.34".
I shot 5 shots at 100 and raised the elevation by the vernier on the mount not using the MOA button on the elevation screw and moving up 2 moa raised the holes on the paper 11". I said no way so I went up another 2 moa and the same thing.
Well I went home screwed the barrel off the action clamped to the mill and drilled and tapped the front block at 10.34".
I will see tomorrow if it solved my problems using a scope.

The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-29-2020, 02:16 PM
RE: The MVA "A" scope
Well I gave it another try with the 10.34" block spacing and shot two groups from the 100 yard line again the it now prints 4" with a 2 moa change. A lot better than 11" with the 7.2 spacing.

I also did something right this time for a change . The Factory mounted block was off center by 4 moa for a zero setting on the front and rear mount so when indicating the holes I moved the holes left slightly and I now have a front and rear zero for no wind.

The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply