Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Psst hey buddy
06-28-2020, 01:00 AM
RE: Psst hey buddy
I hope your feelings about Mead are correct Don... I know I'd like to pick up another lot of Jamison brass for the 44/77.. and perhaps a couple of hundred in 40/70 straight as well. Viable options are few and far between. The BACo option based on the 50/110 cases seem to be working well enough. Case length on firing settling down to 2.2445".. which is almost identical to the average JBA case length I've been experiencing. I'd have thought there would be more call for 44/77 these days than 50/110 but clearly there are a lot of 86's out there getting some use.
J.B.

" Don't know where I'm going but there's no sense being late " !
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-28-2020, 08:25 AM
JB the 44-77 and the sort are pretty much niche cartridges , and therefore it's going to be a tuff sell to get an outfit to tool up to produce them. You would not believe the amount of time it took to convince Jamison to tool up for the 44-77., but by the time word got out those cases were coming the first run was spoke for, and I still grin when they called and said the cases were inspection and wanted my shipping address so they could send me the first 200 out the door.
They never could be convinced to make 45-70 cases stamped 45 2.1, and didn't even want to talk about 32-40's....

A wise man can always be found alone. A weak man can always be found in a crowd.
06-28-2020, 10:53 AM
When Bell brass was still available I bought 1000 bulk of their .44 basic 3-1/4" and I still have 100 of those cases not formed into bottle necks yet. I used them for the .44-90 bn. If I need more .44-77's I can always neck them down for that calibre. But I would like to get 45 more with the JBA head stamp to fill my 4 ammo boxes.

Now that Jim has joined the .44-77 bliss Smile I would like to see some tests from all of us that shoot this caliber using the same bullet, powder, wads, in other words all loaded the same shot from different rifles to compare the results. It would be best if the rifles were scoped and shot at quiet conditions to eliminate some variables.
There are a lot of comments, my load won't shoot in yours, I would like to see if this is factual.

The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
09-01-2020, 01:54 PM
(06-25-2020 12:34 AM)Don McDowell Wrote:  Wanna see a picture?
I have a very good friend that was not satisfied with steel Butt plate marks on his shoulder. So he got a chunk of wood and paired away every bit that was not a new butt stock for his C. Sharps mod 75. Note the depth of toe and raised comb. This gentleman is shy and would not post this. I'm taking liberty to show his talent and intrinsic sense of ergonomics. He built a High Power Match rifle stock for me that is a treasure. M2

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)