Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Nice rain
05-19-2020, 10:58 PM
Nice rain
Got the first thunderstorm of the season. Not much rain, but sure had some big down draft winds ahead of it.
Nice rainbow when it was over.

A wise man can always be found alone. A weak man can always be found in a crowd.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-20-2020, 08:47 AM
RE: Nice rain
Don,
I would be more then happy to let you have what we been getting here. So far in the last 17 days we got 11 1/4 inches. The corn fields look like lakes in the low spots the Rock River is over it's banks in spots as well as the cricks. And more on the way.

The corn has been breaking through but I think the farmers will do some replanting.

The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
05-20-2020, 09:01 AM
We were buried in Snow from October to April, there have been some pretty good rains but it's also turned pretty hot and windy. We're loosing what moisture we had pretty fast.

A wise man can always be found alone. A weak man can always be found in a crowd.
05-20-2020, 01:13 PM
By the time Kurt's rain got down here, it poop'd out to about 7-8". Been cloud covered for 2 weeks, about 65*, so it really soaked-in good! Whole country is kinda mess'd up: waitin' for summer-time and warmer weatherBig Grin

Jim

That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it!
05-20-2020, 01:41 PM
Careful what you wish for Jim LOL, it was in the upper 80's the last couple of days, and looks like we're gonna get there again today..

05-20-2020, 02:22 PM
Hard rain here, started last night. Heading to you now...
05-20-2020, 04:46 PM
Gussy right now it looks like it's going to miss us to the north, then wrap back around and cream Nebraska

05-20-2020, 06:50 PM
Maybe I better get the John boat out of the shed and fill the gas tanks Big Grin

The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
05-20-2020, 10:58 PM
We have had 18 hrs of fairly hard rain, only slacked off a few times. It's raining right now yet. Supposed to end in a couple of hours. River running down my driveway. Probably need some fixing tommorow, along with a couple others.
05-22-2020, 10:15 PM
(05-20-2020 10:58 PM)Gussy Wrote:  We have had 18 hrs of fairly hard rain, only slacked off a few times. It's raining right now yet. Supposed to end in a couple of hours. River running down my driveway. Probably need some fixing tommorow, along with a couple others.

Wow! Hope that doesn't undo all your previous workSad

Rick