Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hayden Livestock
05-17-2020, 09:31 AM (This post was last modified: 05-17-2020 09:37 AM by Randy Bohannon.)
Hayden Livestock
    So a month or so ago I started to research a new Powder River dog kennel for my spastic French Brittany Spaniel , 10’ X 10’ . Google showed Shipton’s in Sheridan and Hayden Livestock in Gillette being Powder River dealers , Shipton’s kept trying to sell me a Priefert brand they had in stock, never offered to order me Powder River kennel, I insist on Powder River as they are simply made better.
So I give Hayden Livestock a call and the nicest man answers the phone and in 5 min. He has me a price less than anyone by a appreciable amount. I want to pay him so I can get it ordered and underway. He says to me “If we can’t do business with our word I shouldn’t be in business”. I am taken aback with his honesty and integrity . A few weeks go by and he calls me back and says my kennel is here.
Yesterday my buddy and I go to Hayden Livestock and meet Mr Randy Hayden , a Wyoming cowboy if their ever was one, there were two other gentlemen as well . We had the most delightful conversation and it came time to square up and gives me the bill. It is less than his quoted price including sales tax . I ask about this and says his supplier gave him a 5% reduction and he passed it on to me.
I felt compelled to give this man a shout out for being such a decent honest man. The finest men I have ever met are in the Military and Wyoming.
God Bless
Randy B
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-17-2020, 10:45 PM
RE: Hayden Livestock
And BP shooting. Steve Rhodes did business like that. John Walters does too. I am constantly amazed at how people like this can continue to thrive in our "culture." But both Steve and John said that in all their years of selling they only had one guy try to cheat them. This is one of the reasons I love this sport. Nice looking dog by the way.
05-18-2020, 08:34 AM
Steve Baldwin is the same way. Send him a text on what you want and I have it within 5 days with a bill, sometimes quicker. I’ll never forget I started shooting BPCR silhouette and was practicing the week of the match and my tang sight broke. I called Steve and he had one of his in stock. I don’t have debit or credit cards so I asked him what my options where. He just packed it up and sent it to me that day with a bill. That was a Monday afternoon and I had it on Wednesday. Sent him the money. He didn’t know me from anyone but trusted I’d send him the money. In the last 4 to 5 years if I needed a sight or accessories I text him what I need. His only reply is that it shows up in the mail in a few days. I used to wonder if he got texts because he never would text back. His actions speak louder than texts. Steve Rhoades was the exact same way.
05-18-2020, 08:59 PM
Kevin,
I had the same experience with Steve on my first order from him.

The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.