Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2020 NRA Silhouette Nationals
05-12-2020, 08:48 PM
Exclamation 2020 NRA Silhouette Nationals
Are canceled.
https://www.ssusa.org/articles/2020/5/12...-canceled/

A wise man can always be found alone. A weak man can always be found in a crowd.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-13-2020, 11:22 AM
RE: 2020 NRA Silhouette Nationals
A very sad state of affairs, I got the email this morning about the BPCS matches this year and just looked on the Ridgway site and all matches have been canceled. It seems that things are under discussion as to what will happen next year and where it will happen. Just a sad thing all around.
I am upset to hear that things have been canceled but if it keeps all of us healthy then its for the best and with a bit of luck next year will be so much better for all.
Sam
05-13-2020, 11:31 AM
In some ways I can understand the home confinement in eastern states, but out here we have counties larger than a lot of the original 13 colonies, with a population smaller than some of those counties.
I also wonder how much of this is tied the the debacle the NRA has gotten themselves into.

A wise man can always be found alone. A weak man can always be found in a crowd.
05-16-2020, 09:05 AM
Don I can agree with some of the home confinement in and around the larger cities but some places and mostly some people are just taking things to the extreme. I live pretty close to the middle of PA, a little closer to Pittsburgh than to Philly. My county has about 30 cases of the virus, Elk county where Ridgway is has less than 10.
It kind of boggles my mind about the things that we are not allowed to do at this time. As a bit of a side job I do repair work on fishing rods, replacing guides and such. I delivered 2 rods yesterday to 2 different people. Both of these men were looking forward to tournaments on state waters in the close future. Both have been canceled. One was on lake Erie where there was just one fisherman to a boat and about 100 or so contestants. The other was on a very large lake. I am not sure how large in acres but it has about 199 miles of shoreline. It almost seems like if your close enough to hear someone talk, your close enough to make or get sick.
From the looks of some things I see on the news, all this restriction and confinement isn't going to last much longer. Sometimes I still think that perhaps its time to bring back the practice of taring and feathering politicians and run their ass out of town on a rail.
Sam
05-16-2020, 09:20 AM
We've been opened to gatherings of 25, so while I haven't heard from Tom or Kody yet, I would suspect that the Worland match is a go.
Restraunts are given the green light to open back up with 6 ft spacing between tables, so things are looking brighter.