Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Big .50 on order!
02-12-2020, 04:40 PM
Big .50 on order!
The lure of the “Big 50” was too much to bare! I just ordered a Shiloh Hartford Model with a 32” heavy octagon barrel, polished with buckhorn sights, steel shotgun butt, semi fancy wood and fire blued screws. Ordered it through Bill Goodman so it should be here in June!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2020, 04:42 PM
RE: Big .50 on order!
Sounds like fun. Might want to stock up on 1f powder

A wise man can always be found alone. A weak man can always be found in a crowd.
02-12-2020, 11:42 PM
Any particular brand you would suggest? No place around me sells it so I will have to order it from Powderinc. I do plan on getting the 1F but was wondering how 3F would work since I have a crap load of Kik in that granulation? Too much fouling?
02-13-2020, 12:51 AM
"No place around me sells it"

Me neither. I order powder from Buffalo Arms and have found they are the cheapest for me even with paying the shipping. I use 1.5 Swiss in mine but I haven't been able to experiment with different powders in it yet.
02-13-2020, 01:33 AM (This post was last modified: 02-13-2020 01:34 AM by Don McDowell.)
That 3f KIK will probably work pretty well, if you have any of the 2f it works real well. But the limited experience I have with the 50-90 the long defunct Goex Cartridge worked really well burned very clean and gave real good accuracy.

A wise man can always be found alone. A weak man can always be found in a crowd.
02-13-2020, 09:14 AM
Hey Pacecars,
I just ordered almost the exact rifle from Bill myself. Hope we get them in the June timeframe.
02-13-2020, 11:11 AM
LOL, you guys are in for a real treat pacecars and coolhand, ENJOY!Smile