Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Who's ready
01-29-2020, 10:14 AM
Who's ready
Yesterday I finished loading the ammunition for the main rifles I plan to take to the shootlpalooza in Phoenix. Over the next few days I'll have the ammunition for a back up rifle, unless I just decide to take one of the 110's in which case I've got most of the ammunition from last year left.
So now all we need is the weather to cooperate and it'll be nine days of fun in the sun.Big Grin
Anybody else ready?

A wise man can always be found alone. A weak man can always be found in a crowd.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-29-2020, 11:47 AM
RE: Who's ready
Well the weather will be ideal as well as the winds for the next few weeks. Smile

The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
01-29-2020, 11:50 AM
Um not really, if today was leaving day I most likely would not go. About 2 inches of fresh snow on the ground , on top of what was apparently freezing drizzle during the night and the forecast is for snow to continue into tonite..And looks like a big storm possibly arriving Monday..
I'm starting to get a bit tired of winter this year..

A wise man can always be found alone. A weak man can always be found in a crowd.
01-29-2020, 12:37 PM
Don I was talking about Cactus land Smile

The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
01-29-2020, 12:43 PM
Talking with Zack yesterday, they were expecting snow today... Just going to have to keep a close eye on the weather and road reports as departure time gets close. One thing that is most likely assured is going west and then turning south isn't going to be an option.

01-29-2020, 12:45 PM
One of the things I really enjoy about the trip down there is stopping in Flagstaff and spending the night at Black Barts RV resort and steak house, the night before the decent into the valley of the sun.. Hope it works out again this year.

01-29-2020, 12:46 PM
Going through Denver on 25 is also a no go Smile

01-29-2020, 12:49 PM
yeh that's a mess, one time it took us over an hour just to get thru Colorado Springs. So we almost always go down 71 thru to Trinidad, but this winter Raton pass has been rather un user friendly when dragging a trailer, so might be such a thing as we get to see the sights of Dalhart Tx as a scenic by pass. LOL

02-01-2020, 01:06 PM
Ughh, now they have us in a winter storm watch and are looking for up to a foot of snow.. but they keep increasing the amounts every few hours, and it looks like the crud is going to hang around pretty much till at least the 15th..

02-01-2020, 02:05 PM
LOL, Just look how many years you did the rain and snow dances to get moisture Smile