Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
BRC Barrel
01-20-2020, 08:56 PM
BRC Barrel
was thinking on getting a BRC Barrel wondering what kind of groups they shoot and how good they are .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-21-2020, 12:31 AM
RE: BRC Barrel
Haven't heard anything bad about them. I know one rifle is being built using one, think it's getting close to done so maybe we'll hear from Scott when he gets it up and running.

A wise man can always be found alone. A weak man can always be found in a crowd.
01-21-2020, 10:28 AM
I have one of the earlier ones made before he started choking them. It's on a .38-55 highwall configured for schuetzen and it shoots pretty well, although I haven't used it a lot.

Chris.
01-22-2020, 02:13 AM
I have two rifles right now I've used them on - I haven't had time to really put them to the test and shoot them a lot- but they have potential. My son has been shooting one for the past two seasons and if he does his part it shoots well. I have a 22 rf that is going on an action build - just have to finish the action. I did pick up another from Al in 45 and requested it be choked. I was originally planning to use it on a Borchardt but I've changed plans so time will tell- leaning towards the '74 that's getting the Freund modifications...
Hurry up and get it ordered so you can be shooting it before Big Hill.
Greg
02-13-2020, 01:55 PM
Mine seems to do quite well,, first time out developing a load, I shot a 2 inch 5 shot group at 219 yards , Got a new Brooks mold coming and when this dammed weather breaks I will be back to seeing what it will do. Its chambered in 40 82 Crossno with a 16 to 1 twist and the choked bore. The shooting was done with an MVA scope mounted.
02-13-2020, 06:39 PM
That new mould should be here pretty quick?
This weather is just nuts. Looks like we're in for 40 mph winds till Sunday and then it snows again..

A wise man can always be found alone. A weak man can always be found in a crowd.
04-11-2020, 03:34 PM
its one hell of a shooter!
04-11-2020, 03:36 PM
the Brooks bullet shoots very good in the Borchardt barrel,, very promising
04-11-2020, 04:45 PM
Who and where is BRC barrels?
I need one for my CPA action so I can screw off that Oregon barrel off and use it for a jack handle.

The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
04-12-2020, 10:49 AM
Kurt, BRC = Borchardt Rifle Corporation. I think they are in New Mexico.