Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Case of Swiss BP
01-13-2020, 12:35 AM
Case of Swiss BP
Way back plus 20 years ago I shot Goex Cartridge and 1Fg. For the last twenty years I have been a dedicated Swiss BP shooter. I am getting ready to order another case of Swiss split between 1Fg and 3Fg. 1Fg for the 45-2.6 and 3Fg for the 45-70 and 40-65. Does anyone have anything positive to say about their caviar powder other than the fact that it meters well? Not ready to try Old Einsford because I was thoroughly disenfranchised because of the lot to lot variation with the old Goex powder. The old style cracked Swiss has always worked well for me. Thanks for any constructive comments.- Mike
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-25-2020, 02:46 AM
RE: Case of Swiss BP
Thanks for all the replies! I have not found anything positive about Swiss caviar other than it meters well. So I called Buffalo Arms and Dave Gullo answered the phone. I talked with him for twenty minutes about target shooting and hunting. I ordered a case of old style Swiss. 1Fg for my 50-90 and 45-100, and 3Fg for my 45-70 and 40-65 (Thankyou Kelly Roos wherever you may be).
01-25-2020, 09:14 AM
Well you did indicate in your original post that you only wanted comment from folks that have shot the Caviar.... I believe Doc Lay and Dan T messed with it a bit when it was first introduced, they evidently weren't impressed...
I've found for the most part in head to head match ups on the target with my rifles Swiss simply doesn't out shoot Olde Eynsford enough if at all to justify the nearly 100$ a case extra expense.
But confidence is the name of the game, and if Swiss gives you confidence then by all means use it.

A wise man can always be found alone. A weak man can always be found in a crowd.
01-25-2020, 10:33 PM
Gonna wish you tried some of the 'E' Wink
Gary

Hav'n you along, is like losing two good men.....