Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Stevens tip-up 38-35
12-31-2019, 04:11 PM
Stevens tip-up 38-35
I am looking for info on reloading dies and shell holder for 38-35 Everlast, I had brass made , but the rim is thicker for regular shell holder . I also need info on what grain bullets to use . The rifle has swiss style but, tang sight, front 2 position sight, holes for false muzzle , light trigger pull. any and all info would help. I have the receiver , but , and trigger guard out getting re plated
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2020, 01:36 PM
RE: Stevens tip-up 38-35
You might check Buffalo Arms to see if they have dies, but I would wonder if regular 38-55 dies might work?
I would suggest a chamber cast to take in about the first inch of rifling to get a bore measurement to get the correct bullet diameter. The false muzzle would also suggest it was built to shoot patched bullets, most likely of a diameter that when wrapped with thin or medium weight paper that would be a tight fit at the muzzle.

A wise man can always be found alone. A weak man can always be found in a crowd.
01-01-2020, 02:44 PM
BA didnt have the brass, had to have it made special for me . They dont have dies , the Everlast Brass is different than the 38-55, it is a thicker walled case . I already did a cast and slugged the barrel to figure out what caliber it is . I have a guy trying to machine a shell holder for me . From what I have found it was a .375 diameter with a 215 grain bullet, I have never seen any listed or even seen one to have a mold made . I have talked a guy listed in Single Shot News about the false muzzle. He said its rare, it has 3 holes, most all had 4 .The research continues
01-02-2020, 12:58 AM
(01-01-2020 02:44 PM)flintlokusa Wrote:  BA didnt have the brass, had to have it made special for me . They dont have dies , the Everlast Brass is different than the 38-55, it is a thicker walled case . I already did a cast and slugged the barrel to figure out what caliber it is . I have a guy trying to machine a shell holder for me . From what I have found it was a .375 diameter with a 215 grain bullet, I have never seen any listed or even seen one to have a mold made . I have talked a guy listed in Single Shot News about the false muzzle. He said its rare, it has 3 holes, most all had 4 .The research continues

You might want to post on the ASSRA web sight, a lot of guys with great referance material on single shot rifles.