Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Trip to Crawford
12-18-2019, 11:03 PM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2019 11:06 PM by Don McDowell.)
Trip to Crawford
It's always interesting going over there to see the dentist , never to sure what you'll see long the way.Big Grin
First there was the BigHorn Sheep blocking Hiway 20, nibbling up the salt from the road surface
[     [attachment=1606]

Not a good picture but it's the best I could do on the way home, they really have Camp Rob lit up in the Christmas spirit.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

A wise man can always be found alone. A weak man can always be found in a crowd.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-18-2019, 11:15 PM
RE: Trip to Crawford
Cool pictures Don! Great to see some Bighorns in Nebraska. Even a season on them here, just not very many? spent lot of time in that country. Backpacked the Ridge from Chardonnay state park to Fort Rob, that will get you in shape if the rattlers don’t get you?
12-18-2019, 11:17 PM
Stupid auto correct on phone! Chadron park to fort rob
12-18-2019, 11:41 PM
Rick didn't get him in time but one of those big rams is a full curl.
I enjoy the heck out of the Museum of the Fur Trade at Chadron, or Chardonnay, what ever you call it. LOL

A wise man can always be found alone. A weak man can always be found in a crowd.
12-18-2019, 11:41 PM
Well as far as that goes Camp Rob is a neat place to stop and visit.

12-18-2019, 11:56 PM
We saw the Museum at Chadron when we made our road trip up to the Cody Gun Museum, Yellowstone, Shiloh and C Sharps, and the Little Big Horn Battlefield a couple of years ago. Fur Traders Museum was great.
12-19-2019, 12:12 AM
Fogman I like that Fur Trade museum, at Robinson they have a pretty nice museum in the one building that goes thru a lot of Robinson's history.
If you ever get back up I 25 again the Jim Gachel Museum in Buffalo is well worth the stop.

12-19-2019, 11:59 AM
Yes, the fur trade museum is a great visit
12-19-2019, 02:47 PM (This post was last modified: 12-19-2019 02:48 PM by Kurt.)
That is worth the trip to a Dentist Smile

On my trips to Alaska and above the line into the Yukon I used to get on the road around 3 AM it was sun up by then because all the wild life would be feeding in the ditches.
Once I came upon a couple taking pictures of a very large Grizz and they were about 30 yards from their motorhome and less than 100 yards from the bear O stopped between the bear and them and said that bear can run round 30 MPH how fast can you run ?

The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
12-23-2019, 02:59 PM
Don,

Thanks for the great pictures!
They remind me of my last trip over White Pass into Eastern Washington: The area between Randle and Packwood is overrun by Elk, and I had to stop to let one of the herds cross the road.
How cool is that? I think of all the people stuck in cubicles whose view never changes... I never know what cool place I'm going to next, and what truly amazing vistas I'll see.

-Tom