Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Made it to the mailbox
12-03-2019, 12:08 AM
RE: Made it to the mailbox
Brian, It seams like bad winters run, or used to run in 10 year cycles. We had a bad one back in 55 that it drifted snow over the telephone wires. We came back from a sales barn and got the truck stuck and walked home a couple miles and when the storm was over several days later when they opened the road using a end loader the truck was under a snow drift. The state called in a snow blower from out west some place to finish opening the high way for one way traffic. Then about 66 or 67 we had another one worth mentioning but none as bad as in the 50's.

The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2019, 12:47 AM
Made it to the mailbox
Yea. We had a slug of balmy winters in the 90's . Thought this global warming was for real, but last 8 years have been back to normal for the most part.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
12-03-2019, 01:04 AM
Made it to the mailbox
I meant the 00's. The forgotten generation.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
12-03-2019, 11:52 AM
Got my BPCN yesterday. Was a bit surprised to see it show up I wasn't aware that I was due one. Some lovely pics in it and some very good articles but there is a typo on the cover. I was excited to read the article it promised but was disappointed to find out the article was not what was promised. Mike has a nice article in there also.
Be well all
Sam
12-03-2019, 12:18 PM
Well looks like I should get my "news" in the mail in a week or two then. It usually shows about a week or two after the chatter on the forums shows up.
Going to have to get the tractor out again today to move the drifts in front of the garage, and down at the mail boxes.

A wise man can always be found alone. A weak man can always be found in a crowd.