Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cow lot
11-25-2019, 01:36 PM
RE: Cow lot
I loaded the SX right at 3000 fps for my Rem 700 in 222. I have 2 of those guns. One in the house and one in the shop.

Right now they're loaded with Speer 50 grn hollow points. They had a bulk sale on them and I bought a couple thousand.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-25-2019, 02:37 PM
A now long deceased friend of mine was a real target hound. He had a Rem 40x with a heavy varmint barrel in .223, topped off with a Leupold target scope. He started buying factory loads from either Ultra Max or Black Hills ( can't remember which now it's been several years) loaded with that bullet. He said try as he might he could not duplicate the accuracy with anything he reloaded for it.

A wise man can always be found alone. A weak man can always be found in a crowd.
11-25-2019, 04:05 PM
Mine is the 700 ADL heavy Varmint barrel I got back inmate winter of 1966 or 7. I fell on it rolling down a crick bank and broke the stock and put one of those new carbon stocks on it that were supposed to be so good but it turned out too be coydog ugly but it's a fine shooter.

The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
11-25-2019, 04:47 PM
The wood on my older 700 is pretty beat up from many varmint hunts. Really could use a refinish. Newer rifle is near perfect... Rarely leaves the shop. I've been considering a synthetic stock for the old one.