Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Remington Rolling Block
11-02-2019, 06:46 PM
Remington Rolling Block
I have a Remington rolling block that a guy gave me about 8 years ago. It has a round barrel, full stock, cheek piece, checkering, and the original ram rod. I did a chambers cast when I got the rifle and I’m not exactly sure what it is. It’s a bottle neck, there is a name engraved on the barrel which looks to be Scandinavian.

When my son and I were messing around in my shop today he was asking about a certain rifle he remembered from a few years ago. After a few more questions I realized he was talking about this particular rifle. I pulled it out of the gun safe and we talked about it awhile so now I have the urge to play with it. I’ve never shot this rifle and I am no Rolling block guru so I figured I would ask about it on here. I’ll post a Few pics of it and maybe I can get some help identifying the calibre. When I first did my chamber cast I thought maybe it was a 10.15x61 Jarmann but I honestly don’t know.

SB
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2019, 06:53 PM
RE: Remington Rolling Block

11-02-2019, 06:54 PM

11-02-2019, 06:55 PM

11-02-2019, 07:25 PM
Stupid question, but have you dropped one of your 44-77 cases in that chamber?

A wise man can always be found alone. A weak man can always be found in a crowd.
11-02-2019, 07:26 PM
Almost wondering if it's not a 43 spanish or 43 egyptian.

A wise man can always be found alone. A weak man can always be found in a crowd.
11-02-2019, 07:39 PM
No I haven’t Don that’s a great idea. I was thinking about the 43 Span and Egyptian too.
11-02-2019, 07:50 PM
If the 44 rim is too small for the chamber recess, it's likely a 43 egyptian. 50-90 cases cut down will work, if you can get them neck sized and fire formed somehow. Far as that goes, I've got a set of Egyptian dies I could send you up the size die to get some case's made. Might even have some RMC cases that haven't been fired.

11-02-2019, 10:50 PM
Thanks Don. I’ll do some messing around with it in the morning. The bore is in really good condition and all the serial numbers are the same.

SB
11-02-2019, 11:52 PM
The bore on my Egptian is good, altho it's a bit over size the groove diameter is .450