Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bull barrel
10-08-2019, 07:08 AM
Bull barrel
Does any else other than Shiloh make a octagon bull barrel, preferably in a 44-90 Straight caliber with 1-16 twist?

I’d like to have a Tolifson rifle built.

Thanks
KA
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2019, 08:57 AM
RE: Bull barrel
I don't know if Oregon Barrel will make an octagon barrel that heavy or not.
Another possibility would be see if Douglas or Krieger could build a blank big enough to mill to octagon, but then the problem is going to be finding someone that can profile it.

A wise man can always be found alone. A weak man can always be found in a crowd.
10-08-2019, 09:26 AM
C Sharps Arms maybe?
10-08-2019, 09:49 AM
C. Sharps does make some heavy barrels. If you download their catalog rather then use the online "gun buider" on the web site you should be able to see those options.

Ron Smith in Alberta Canada can also make heavy barrels. I have a Shiloh with a Ron Smith bull barrel on it. It weighs exactly 15 lbs which is really nice.

Chris.
10-09-2019, 09:24 AM
One other thought might be the Borchardt Rifle Company. They don't make rifles anymore, but they do make a fine barrel, just don't know if they would do a 16 lb. barrel. Would be worth the phone call to ask I suppose.

A wise man can always be found alone. A weak man can always be found in a crowd.
10-09-2019, 01:40 PM
Ken Lewis - kind of Al Story's spokesperson asked on another forum if anyone was interested in a barrel from heavier material - 1.5" - 1.75" I think??? There was some interest if I recall so Al was going to make some, I don't believe that he was making 44 cal barrels though. It would be worth a call and see what he can do - Al does make a good barrel and they are real pleasant to deal with. (575) 535-2923