Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hunting Time.............
10-06-2019, 05:32 PM
RE: Hunting Time.............
Hunter killed his first antelope yesterday. A big fat doe. We’re having antelope back straps for supper tonight.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2019, 01:36 PM
Deer season Saturday.
10-07-2019, 07:01 PM
Good deal, congrats to your son Hunter, Stephen.

I'll be out at first light Sat. morning for the modern gun private land doe hunt over in Arkansas with the old 45-110 Buffalo rifle, cant wait to see what a 513gr round nose paper patch bullet over 100 grains of FG will do.

I'll be wearing a go-pro, maybe we will get to see a movie. Smile
10-13-2019, 05:51 PM
Well, it's official, I have turned into an old wimp, after years of hunting big bucks, and in those quests noticed many, many times how good at mothering doe deer are, I have grown soft towards them, no less than 8 legal doe deer presented with me a shot using the old buffalo rifle yesterday, every single one with fawns that were born this spring/summer, three sets of twins in the mix.
I wont shoot mom this close to winter, don't figure the little ones would survive it, I looked hard for an old barren in the withers doe to no avail, I did bleed the old 45-110 on a coyote at less than 20 yards, I saw hair fly from the big 513gr round nose hitting him a bit farther back in the ribs, he started walking at the shot.
All in all it was a hell of a fun day hunting with and carrying that old Sharps Buffalo rifle, maybe next time.
Today, 12:07 AM (This post was last modified: Today 12:07 AM by Fogman01.)
Glad there are still some hunters like you around, Gunner.