Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My 2019 Lodi
05-13-2019, 02:06 PM
My 2019 Lodi
I have the results of the Lodi American Creedmoor Match and the Wisconsin State Championship Match.
First of all a big congratulations to Jim Kluskens, Mark Schuenke and Steve Farringer for the fine finish on some very tough conditions winning the American Creedmoor Match. It was a hard one coipition for sure.
It started with a rain delay and heavy over cast conditions during the day with mist now and then plus wind changes that were hard to keep up with.
Steve was a first time shooter and did a outstanding job, plus a fine fellow to spend time with.

The Wisconsin State Championship;
Jim took first honors again followed by Bob Walline and Mark Schuenke.
The conditions were with Sun out for a change but the normal Lodi wind shifts that are hard to keep up with, but all in all the match was well organized and well run.

Kurt

The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-13-2019, 03:29 PM
RE: My 2019 Lodi
Thanks for posting these scores Kurt.
Glad to see they had a better turn out than last year.

A wise man can always be found alone. A weak man can always be found in a crowd.
05-13-2019, 05:25 PM
RE: My 2019 Lodi
It was a good match Don. But more important, the shooters are a top bunch. I had a tough time and I came to the realization that it's time to take the tang sight off the long range rifle and put a scope on it as much as I hate to go this route. I been fighting it for several years but it's time.
The final Wis. St. match on the last day I took off the tang sight and put the scope on it. At first I thought it was a mistake because I had no sight settings and the ground was wet so no dust and it took quite a few shots during the sighter time and I had to finally go for score and missed the first 4 shots before I found paper at the 1000, but as time wentI finally figured out how not to over adjust the idiot knobs and by the end of the 800 I was getting it.
I just can't even read the number boards and had to count targets not to cross fire and when clouds passed over the target disappeared. So I guess that scope has to be it if I want to keep shooting.
If it wasn't for Bob Saathoff helping my spotter finding my hits the 1000 would have been worse. TNX agn Bob

Kurt

The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.