Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Remington rolling block singel set trigger
02-05-2019, 03:40 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2019 03:40 PM by Rawlins78.)
RE: Remington rolling block singel set trigger

(02-05-2019 09:41 AM)Jimmill Wrote:  Randy,
Thanks for the detailed information on single set triggers. My Remington rifle's set trigger does not have a considerable amount of take up after pulling the trigger off of the set position. I can easily pull through and fire with a light pull. Maybe what Rawlins78 is speaking of when he says his rifle does not fire after pulling the trigger from the set position is a considerable amount of take up.

Jim

Thank you guys for enlightening me on the single set trigger. Now i understand how it’s suppose to function.
Some pictures of the rifle.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2019, 08:09 PM
Rawlins78

Good to see you got if worked out. Sounds like mine is releasing really early.

Great looking Remington! Looks like a fairly heavy barrel. What caliber is it in?

Jim
02-06-2019, 03:34 AM
Thank you Jim! It’s in 44-77.
02-06-2019, 12:40 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2019 12:51 PM by Randy Bohannon.)
Quote:Randy Bohannon

My rifle works just the way you describe, so I think it’s working the way it’s supposed to.
Thank you!

You are very welcome and glad you have it solved, as you get familiar with single set triggers they will all vary a bit on how they work, where the 'slack' is. I have a couple rifles with them, modern and older rifles are there pretty much the same.

44-77 makes it a super cool rifle, keep us apprised of your endeavors with that rifle.