Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Remington rolling block singel set trigger
01-03-2019, 03:33 PM
Remington rolling block singel set trigger
Hello!
I have a Remington no1 rolling block sporter with a single set trigger, but it is not working the way it supposed too.
It's working fine when not using the set trigger, but when I push the trigger forward and then pull the trigger, the hammer will not drop.
I have taken it apart and cleaned it.
I do not think anything is broken or any parts missing.
Hope someone here have the same trigger and maybe have a idea what is wrong.
Maybe some have a picture of a single set trigger?

Thank you!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2019, 07:26 AM
RE: Remington rolling block singel set trigger
You might contact
Ken Womack
At. Rolling block parts. If Ken cant help perhaps he can direct you to a smith that can

If your was a Lone Star Double set i could walk you thru it

Pictures will help as well

Beet of luck

Dave

Ya ain't lost if ya don't care where ya are
01-04-2019, 09:54 AM
Thank you. Here are some pictures

01-24-2019, 09:12 AM
Hi Rawlins78

I have a Remington #1 Sporter with the set trigger. I can't see any difference between my parts and yours from your pictures. Mine would not set when I pushed the trigger forward. Took it apart and found a broken set spring. Replaced it and the fly and it works fine now. If you still need pics of the parts on mine let me know and I'll post them.

Jim
02-02-2019, 08:00 PM
Hello Jim!

Thanks for the answer, mine set when I pushed the trigger forward. Maybe you can explain me how this set trigger is supposed too work? Is the hammer supposed too drop when you pull the trigger when it is in the forward position?
Excuse my English, I am from Norway.
02-04-2019, 10:22 AM
Rawlins78

Pushing the trigger forward when the hammer is at full cock sets the trigger and should release the hammer with a very light touch of the trigger.

With the chamber empty or using a snap cap and the breech block fully closed and the hammer at full cock try the trigger both ways set and non set. What happens?

Jim
02-04-2019, 05:57 PM
Hello Jim!
When the trigger is in set position, and then pulling the trigger, it goes "click" but the hammer don't release.
When the trigger is non set, it works fine.
If you have any pictures of ours, it's been great
Thank you.
02-05-2019, 06:44 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2019 06:58 AM by Randy Bohannon.)
How most of the single set triggers that have worked for me and was taught. Push the trigger forward then there is a little click by pulling the trigger very lightly it should not fire/release anything at this point, you will feel the 'click' there is a considerable amount of 'take up' before the trigger will release and fire.When ready to take the shot apply pressure to the trigger using the pad of your finger,this is where you will appreciate a single set trigger that is functioning as it should.After 'setting' the trigger it is normal for the hammer to not fall on some set triggers after the fist click pulling the trigger let the triggger reset forward and then try and pull the trigger it should fall with very little pressure, like 1/1.5 lb light, some need to reset, take up the slack very light sear release and it should go bang.
02-05-2019, 08:40 AM
Randy Bohannon

My rifle works just the way you describe, so I think it’s working the way it’s supposed to.
Thank you!
02-05-2019, 09:41 AM
Randy,
Thanks for the detailed information on single set triggers. My Remington rifle's set trigger does not have a considerable amount of take up after pulling the trigger off of the set position. I can easily pull through and fire with a light pull. Maybe what Rawlins78 is speaking of when he says his rifle does not fire after pulling the trigger from the set position is a considerable amount of take up.

Jim