Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Browning BPCR Low Wall
12-30-2018, 11:17 PM (This post was last modified: 12-30-2018 11:20 PM by Steve Anderson.)
Browning BPCR Low Wall
I bought a .22 low wall of the Browning persuasion. It seems to exhibit some vertical issues. As in it shoots pretty well horizontally but the group is taller than it is wide. This with Lapua Center X. I'm guilty of not testing with anything else. However I have blind faith in the Center X. For lack of anything obvious with the rifle, I wonder about low hammer power and inconsistent ignition. Can a mortal replace the hammer spring? Indeed it "feels" light and certainly the trigger is light. In fact the hammer most often needs to be manually cocked. Any thoughts?    
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-30-2018, 11:54 PM
RE: Browning BPCR Low Wall
Might be a forearm problem.
Might be a bit of trigger work would help? maybe call Eron Ahmer?
Have you pulled the firing pin and cleaned it?

You ought to see how bad Carol's rifle sprays CenterX...

A wise man can always be found alone. A weak man can always be found in a crowd.
12-31-2018, 12:49 AM
Might just need to be flushed out and reoiled. If you remove the wood, be very careful with the butt stock. Wrap a screw driver with tape so that it just fits in the stock hole. A slip with a regular screw driver will wedge and split the stock.
12-31-2018, 10:04 AM
Don, the forearm on this one is on a hanger. The forearm has been opened up to fit the Lilja barrel but I rest the barrel out near the end of the barrel. Plus the barrel is fairly robust so my thinking was the forearm probably wasn't a concern. Considered taking the wood off and seeing what happens though. My first concern is getting the action apart and back together. It appears somewhat different than my Winchester low wall and I have the impression that they're problematic to an infidel like myself.

Gussy, does the butt stock need to come off for disassembly? Perhaps it's time for a rode trip to see Eron.
12-31-2018, 10:39 AM
Sounds like someone has made some mod's in the action.. If the hammer cocks sometimes but doesn't most of the time..
Give Eron a call and visit with him about it.

A wise man can always be found alone. A weak man can always be found in a crowd.
12-31-2018, 11:26 AM
Yes on removing wood to disassemble...... It's easier to get the action inside of a plastic bag with your hands while disassembling......

If you don't have the disassembly kit, don't do it. I'd try flushing the action and reoiling first.

If you remove the butt stock, check the bottom of the stock bolt hole for a screw. Some people added a screw in there to lower trigger pull.
12-31-2018, 03:13 PM
Thank you gentlemen. Might hit it with some air and add a quart first. Happy New Year!