Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Merry Christmas everybody!
12-24-2018, 08:20 PM
Merry Christmas everybody!
I know it's a day early, but we celebrate Christmas the German way on the evening of the 24th.

I hope you guys all have a great holiday.

Chris.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-24-2018, 09:43 PM
RE: Merry Christmas everybody!
Merry Christmas to all that visit here,

Old Jim

That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it!
12-24-2018, 10:53 PM
Merry Christmas

A wise man can always be found alone. A weak man can always be found in a crowd.
12-24-2018, 11:44 PM
Merry Christmas all. May some new toys be under your tree. Stay safe traveling
12-25-2018, 11:05 AM
Chris.
I was born in Germany and your right Christmas is celebrated differently or it was back in the 40's Smile
The tree was not in site, usually hidden someplace and the family went to Church in the evening and when we got back home there was a tree standing with candles for lights and some cookie hanging for decorations, maybe some hard candy if Mom had some sugar ration stamps to get them and a couple home made toys if you were good and if you weren't during the day before I would find a lump of coal Smile but that just lasted a few minutes I think for making a point Smile
One Christmas I remember I was about 3 years old the air rate sirens started blaring Mom grabbed me and we ran to the bomb shelters with sounds of bombs exploding in the distance and getting louder. When the doors closed and we settled down there came St. Nickolaus with a big bag over his shoulder.
Even at bad times Christmas still comes and is celebrated.
Merry Christmas all.

Kurt

The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
12-25-2018, 11:39 AM
Kurt, that’s a wonderful story, thanks for sharing. MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and your family.
Mike
12-25-2018, 11:48 AM
Kurt when my parents came over from Germany, just after WWII, they had no idea how things were done here. They'd set up their Christmas tree and put the candles on. Unfortunately they lived across the street from the fire department. When the fire fighters saw the tree with lit candles through the window, they came into the apartment and threw the tree out the window :-).

Chris.
12-25-2018, 11:52 AM
Mike Ich wünsche dir und Sue ein frohes Weihnachtsfest.

The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
12-25-2018, 11:54 AM
Yup Chris the political correct's are against everything that they don't agree with Smile

12-26-2018, 12:58 AM
A great story Kurt and one that brings the message home fairly clearly. I've left it a little late as its Boxing day down here and very very warm... so no candles . Wishing everyone on the forum and their families all the very best for a safe and Merry Christmas. Blessings of the season and prayers for those we've lost along the way.

best rgds.. J.B.

" Don't know where I'm going but there's no sense being late " !