Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Something new in the BPTR world
12-22-2018, 12:01 PM
Something new in the BPTR world
Here's a link to a new organization dedicated to BlackPowder Target Rifle matches.
Notice the inclusion of smokeless and subs. This should provide a good venue for the single shot rifle fan.
http://bptra.org/

A wise man can always be found alone. A weak man can always be found in a crowd.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-22-2018, 12:24 PM
RE: Something new in the BPTR world
The CRC has been a place I been wanting to go to and I just wish they would make it a two day shoot to justify the 1-1/2 days driving to get it.

The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
12-22-2018, 01:30 PM
Kurt, the Rocky Mtn Regional has been a three day match for the last several years. Apparently you are just referring to the monthly matches?
12-22-2018, 01:30 PM
Kurt the fall match has always been a 3 day match, and it looks like there are a couple of 2 day matches coming this year.

A wise man can always be found alone. A weak man can always be found in a crowd.
12-22-2018, 02:11 PM
Cody
Yes I was looking at the monthly schedules and I saw the fall shoots. I'm looking for new matches to attend and Bryers is one of those because I spend a lot of time after the Montana shoots down in Southern Wyo. and Colorado and if I'm home I would make a trip for a two or three day match.
Kurt

The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
12-22-2018, 04:19 PM
Not sure how they have the schedules for the monthly matches set this year, but the last couple of years, it was worked out to where a person could shoot silhouette at the Golden Gun club range in Watkins on Saturday and the target rifle match at Byers on Sunday.
Sometimes there was also a lever gun silhouette match at Byers on Saturday and the target rifle on Sunday.

12-22-2018, 07:07 PM
I really enjoy the .22 silhouette matches. Brian Hickey is setting up a very nice match we shot last summer that has the critter bank set up in front of steel plates painted white that makes the silhouette really stand out. Alma Michigan has a .22 match plus a BPCR silhouette match, but that is it for around my place with a 5-6 hour drive from here.