Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-28-2018, 10:24 AM (This post was last modified: 08-28-2018 10:37 AM by everetto.)
Greetings All, first post here, thanks for having me. I am located in central New Mexico and here is some brief background info - my brother and I owned numerous Shiloh rifles back in the day (along with many other cowboy guns), and as life changed we kind of moved away from that for a while. I am glad to say we are back again and have started loading again. We currently have a good mix of multiple makes of Sharps replicas, some 73 Winchesters, a Henry replica, and some nice SAAs. I have an incoming 34 inch 16 lb Shiloh which I am very anxious to see, it should arrive this week. I also recently acquired a beautiful Freund Sharps built by Richard at Schuetzen Rifle Co, and I am having him build me another which will be a 50 90. As most of you know his Freund rifles have most if not all of the Freund improvements and I am fascinated by these!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-29-2018, 12:14 AM
RE: New Member
Glad to hear you are not afraid of the big rifles like the 50-90. What kind of shooting do you do?
08-29-2018, 09:38 AM
(08-29-2018 12:14 AM)Fogman01 Wrote:  Glad to hear you are not afraid of the big rifles like the 50-90. What kind of shooting do you do?

At this point I am strictly shooting for fun. I owned a Big 50 years ago, and the one that is being built for me now is probably a year out. But, the incoming 16 pounder is a 45 120 so I should be shooting that soon. Hopefully over here on this forum I won't get a bunch of flack for trying to own and shoot a 45 120! Smile Besides, I have three 45 70s, so the 45 120 is just to have something a bit different than the rest of my collection.
08-29-2018, 10:11 AM
You may want to consider tuning that 120 up, and heading to the Whittington Center for the BPTR nationals and shoot it in the Tollefson class.

A wise man can always be found alone. A weak man can always be found in a crowd.
08-29-2018, 01:08 PM
(08-29-2018 10:11 AM)Don McDowell Wrote:  You may want to consider tuning that 120 up, and heading to the Whittington Center for the BPTR nationals and shoot it in the Tollefson class.

Well, I am in the neighborhood.......
08-30-2018, 12:04 AM
No flack from me - I like big rifles. I used my 50-90 on a buffalo and I have a 45-110 with a 30" sixteen pound bull barrel and a full length MVA scope. I am trying to get it shooting well enough with paper patch that I can use it at 1000 yards. My "Tollefson" rifle. I thought I'd never want to shoot silhouettes or long range but now I go to a monthly silhouette match and I like the 1000 yard matches a lot. I will be going to the NRA Creedmoor in Raton in Oct. I have a 45-100 for the matches.