Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cody and I
10-08-2017, 08:00 PM
Cody and I
After a couple weeks of nonstop hounding, I finally got to take my 8 year old son out on a antelope hunt. We had a great day walking the hills. Looking at antelope and drinking lots of pop, Well he drank lots of pop Wink. I put this nice doe down with my Shiloh Hartford 50 2 1/2” at under a 100 yards. To say Cody was excited is an understatement. He’s been on lots of hunts but I think he is finally getting old enough to appreciate these hunts a little more now. I told Cody that this was probably the most beautiful antelope doe I have ever killed. He said you know what Dad? I said what Cody? He said it will be the most beautiful antelope meat we have ever eaten then.

AMEN TO THAT!

https://imgur.com/a/6EMR1
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2017, 12:31 AM
RE: Cody and I
That kid's got a good way of thinking.

A wise man can always be found alone. A weak man can always be found in a crowd.
10-09-2017, 01:07 AM
Nice! Great picture and as always great to see you passing it on to the younger generation.

Rick
10-09-2017, 10:12 AM
Congratulations! But first I guess, congratulations on a fine time with your boy. Making memories is what life is all about. Good on you for taking the time and making the effort. Not too likely he'll end up in jail.
10-10-2017, 01:29 PM
Very nice Stephen !!!!!-----------good looking you man ya got there Smile

Caleb and i are set for the end of the month chasing pigs and watching the cars at The Texas Mile---always a good weekend

Keep well and stay safe

Dave

Ya ain't lost if ya don't care where ya are
10-15-2017, 03:46 PM
Thanks everyone. I sure am blessed to live where I do and hunt the way I want too. In a few days my two oldest boys and I will be hunting deer and antelope does with our Sharps rifles again.

Thanks

Stephen