Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ammo life span accuracy
10-14-2017, 09:42 PM
RE: Ammo life span accuracy
There are no operational lead mines in the USA as of 2013. We can thank the EPA for that.
All the new lead is coming in from outside the USA.
Gary

Hav'n you along, is like losing two good men.....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2017, 04:40 PM
My last lead shipment of 20:1 alloy end'd-up testing @ 25:1 after a few were cast from it. After the phone call, I was assured it is 20:1. So, a little tin was dropped in the pot to sweeten the deal, and a few more were cast. Might have used too much, as they tested @ 16:1, BACO 45 moneys, so I'll let the target speak.

Jim

That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it!
10-15-2017, 05:00 PM
Two of our local scrap yards quit selling lead to the walk in's. I asked why? and I was told we have a contract and it's going to china.

The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
10-15-2017, 05:25 PM
Kurt-This has also happened at 2 trap ranges, where I bought reclaimed shot for SASS shoots.
G.

Hav'n you along, is like losing two good men.....
10-17-2017, 09:57 PM (This post was last modified: 10-17-2017 09:58 PM by Randy E..)
Speaking of shooting old ammo I shoot last year's old left over ammo at my first shoot of the next year-at least what is left of my supply. Shoots fine. Or maybe thats why I don't always shoot good at Ten Sleep.Huh I have noticed that my bullets turn green sometimes where the bullet is seated in the case. White lightening is the lube that does this I have noticed. I resorted to removing the bullets from the cases over the winter-no problems then,of course.Clearcrickshooter.