Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Girly Gun
09-05-2017, 08:19 PM
RE: Girly Gun
Looks like it coming together Kurt-----i had 5 cycles thru my brass so this weekends match should tell the tale, at least it will be cooler Smile

Stay Safe

Dave

Ya ain't lost if ya don't care where ya are
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2017, 01:39 PM
Dave I find the more I cycle the cases with out running them through the sizing die the tighter the final groups get. Some of my new brass has been shot 7 times and some only twice and there is a whole lot noticeable difference in the accuracy between the two I found developing a load and confirming the good loads.
I designed this reamer with a very tight case neck that will just except a patched diameter bullet that needs to be twisted into a unseized fired case to keep the patch from getting torn. When I had this reamer made I figured I can take off metal to make the neck larger but I cant add any to it and it worked out well.

The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
09-06-2017, 03:36 PM
Hi Kurt------i understand the fit considerations specially with PP

I only work the "neck" expanding it to just a push fit for the GG bullet----------it does seem to matter that the rest of the case continues to fit itself to the chamber Smile

We will see saturday Smile

I did have a reamer ground for the 22 silhouette rifles i'm building---its sized to the particular ammunition, head-space will also be set to the specific rimfire ammo----looking forward to the final build as soon as barrels get here

have fun shooting the steel critters

Dave

Ya ain't lost if ya don't care where ya are