Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
That takes the cake
06-23-2015, 10:28 PM
That takes the cake
Undecided I mounted the Parts Unknown windguage front sight and the MVA 130 on my Stevens 44. Carol was wanting to get some practicing done, and after she got thru we painted and set up the targets again. It was later in the afternoon and the light wasn't real good, but I wanted to try and get some general sight settings on this outfit before we got to Casper this Saturday...
Laid down on the sticks raised my sight up 8 minutes from the chickens, and proceeded to take all 10 pigs. Then I raised the sight another 9 minutes got onto the turkey swinger and said what the heck.. 9 turkeysbShy So she says well you might as well try the rams.. 3 shots to get on the swinger, and then,,, 9 rams..Huh Holy carp batman, what's up with that Huh
So hopefully when we get to Casper this Saturday there'll be enough folks and relays that I can shoot both scope and iron sight,
PS , get your SK rifle match ammo now, they just had a price increase.. But we've got a case coming and the case of Norma match showed up the other day.

A wise man can always be found alone. A weak man can always be found in a crowd.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-24-2015, 08:30 AM
RE: That takes the cake
Wowee Don, that's really good shooting for just getting everything up and running. I don't think I would change anything.

Regards
06-24-2015, 09:19 AM
That rifle always shot good with the scope on it, but it just baffles me why it's shooting so much better with the irons..

A wise man can always be found alone. A weak man can always be found in a crowd.
06-24-2015, 09:36 AM
(06-24-2015 09:19 AM)Don McDowell Wrote:  That rifle always shot good with the scope on it, but it just baffles me why it's shooting so much better with the irons..
less weight on the barrel TongueTongue
06-24-2015, 09:41 AM
(06-24-2015 09:36 AM)knobsmt Wrote:  
(06-24-2015 09:19 AM)Don McDowell Wrote:  That rifle always shot good with the scope on it, but it just baffles me why it's shooting so much better with the irons..
less weight on the barrel TongueTongue
Big Grin Or could be the fuzzy sight picture and couldn't really tell what I was shooting at.

06-27-2015, 11:43 PM
Got a 5 ram pin today, also shot 4 chickens. Solid AA score with that old rifle and the irons.
Also took too honors in the 22 creedmoor with the CPA. 254x2

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

06-28-2015, 08:12 AM
Congrats Don, nice shooting.
Sam
06-28-2015, 09:25 AM
Is Bryan going to post a match report? I was curious how the 22 creedmoor worked and ended up. Coralee and I had a great day.
06-28-2015, 10:00 AM
Don, Bravo!! Shoot sharp, Mike
06-28-2015, 02:19 PM
Thanks guys, yesterday was a really great day I thought.
Bryan has hit on to something that can grow as fast as the sillouette did with this creedmoor target shoot.

Cody, I'm sure he'll post the results but, as we were plumb beat last night, and then he went to the range about 7 this morning to get ready for the gong match I suspect he'll be frazzled pup tonite. So a day or two should see him gain strength enough to get the results up.