Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2015 Rocky Mountain Regional 22 BPCR Championships
11-21-2014, 09:25 PM
2015 Rocky Mountain Regional 22 BPCR Championships
Below is the flyer for the 2015 Rocky Mountain Regional 22 BPCR Championships. These championships were shot in 2013 and 2014 as the Wyoming State Championships but because of the quality of the shooters, several national champions from BPCR silhouette, 22 BPCR, BPCTR and Schuetzen and the desire for there to be a regional championship, the event is now a regional championship. The date for the championships has been moved from the previous dates in August to June so shooters can "warm-up" for the national matches in early July. Hope to see ya here in Cheyenne.

Entry forms will be posted January 1, 2015. If you shot in 2013 or 2014 please send me an e-mail after December 15, 2014 for your opportunity for early entry.

Dick/40-65RL

2015 ROCKY MOUNTAIN REGIONAL
22 BPCR CHAMPIONSHIPS
JUNE 12TH – 14th, 2015
Cheyenne Rifle and Pistol Club, Cheyenne, Wyoming
Range Location: I-25 North to Horse Creek Rd (WY-211)
Horse Creek Rd West to Telephone Rd (CO-120)
Telephone Rd North to Ritzke Rd (CO-217)
Unmarked Rd East to get to the range gate (look for ram silhouette)

Rules : 22 BPCRA Silhouette rules will govern. 22 BPCR legal rifles only. A modified 22 BPCRA classification system is used, A and B class combined. Individuals who have not been classified will be classified using their score for Saturday’s match on Saturday and Sunday.

Eligibility: All competitors must be a member of the 22 BPCRA.

Entries: Open January 1, 2015, Close June 12, 2015 at Noon or when 48 entries have been received. You may enter both scope and iron sight. No refunds after June 1, 2015. Mail entry form and fee, check or postal money order only to:
Dick Hennebry
1924 Silver Spur Road
Cheyenne, WY 82009

Fees: $40.00 Adult
$25.00 Junior
$15.00 BPCRA score book if you do not have one.

Squadding: All squads will be assigned as per entry form, if possible.

Awards: Awards for daily matches and aggregate for match winner and 1st place in Master, AAA, AA and A/B classifications in both scope and iron sights. The competitor with the highest aggregate score, the shooter who hit the most targets during the two day match will be declared the 2015 Rocky Mountain Regional 22 BPCR Champion and not eligible for other aggregate awards except special category awards for High Woman, Junior and Senior. Door prizes will be given as available.

Safety: Eye and ear protection is mandatory. Open chamber indicators are required and no firearm may be handled anytime when the range is safe.

Firing schedule: Practice on Friday, June 12th, 2015 from noon until 4:00 pm. Matches Saturday and Sunday begin at 9:00 am. No practice before the matches on Saturday or Sunday.

Targets: All targets will be painted black. Targets are set at:
Chickens 50 Meters off hand
Pigs 100 Meters cross sticks
Turkeys 150 Meters cross sticks
Rams 200 Meters cross sticks
Forty targets are shot each day.

General Information: Lunch will be served on Saturday and Sunday at about 11:30 am, included with entry. Water is available at the range. The shooting area is covered but that is the extent of covered areas. The weather can be very hot, cold, and windy and an antelope may cross the firing area at any time. They are sanitary facilities at the range. Dry camping is allowed at the range starting June 12th at 8:00am till June 14th at 5:00pm. Motels and excellent restaurants are plentiful in Cheyenne. F. E. Warren AFB has housing for those who are eligible. Photos of the range are available at the 22 BPCRA.ORG web site.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-21-2014, 09:43 PM
RE: 2015 Rocky Mountain Regional 22 BPCR Championships
Dick.

Pushing campers out at 5 PM after the match makes it a little rough for those guys having to move out in the evening to locate another place to stay the night wont it?

Kurt

The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
11-21-2014, 09:51 PM
Match is usually over plenty early in the afternoon to get to someplace else well before dark.
This is one of the best run matches you can find.
Is it the 15th of December yet?

A wise man can always be found alone. A weak man can always be found in a crowd.
11-21-2014, 10:11 PM
I wont be able to make it anyway Don it falls on the same weekend as Baker and Baker is along the way to the Q. But regardless I personally don't like moving out right after a match to look for another place to drop anchor. It sounds like the range is a fair distance north of Cheyenne.
Sure sounds like the RMR would be a good one though.

Kurt

The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
11-21-2014, 11:14 PM
The range is maybe 10 miles at the most out of Cheyenne.
We'll be there,
1st of all it's a great match.
2nd It's a Wyoming match and I'll do what ever I can to support a Wyoming match.
3rd. I can go down to Cheyenne and back and it will just about equal 1/2 the mileage traveled to go to Baker , one way...

A wise man can always be found alone. A weak man can always be found in a crowd.
11-22-2014, 11:46 AM
All three points are fine Don. I would most likely do the same. I do spend a lot of time in the neighborhood every year and if a match is going on when I'm out there I will drop in for sure.
But for me to make Cheyenne heading to the Q is a far piece out of the way for me unless I was up in the Medicinebow or the Big Horns, You bet I would jump down and make it.

For me Baker is right in my path on the way to the Q and it has the best of two worlds for me with the LR gong and the .22 also with fine hospitality. I'm getting to know the shooters there and they are a fine bunch to shoot with. It's a very challenging range to shoot on.

Kurt

11-22-2014, 09:43 PM
(11-22-2014 11:46 AM)Kurt Wrote:  For me Baker is right in my path on the way to the Q and it has the best of two worlds for me with the LR gong and the .22 also with fine hospitality. I'm getting to know the shooters there and they are a fine bunch to shoot with. It's a very challenging range to shoot on.

Kurt
Big Grin How many years did it take me to convince you to finally stop in there and give the place a lookHuhRolleyes

11-22-2014, 09:59 PM
(11-22-2014 09:43 PM)Don McDowell Wrote:  
(11-22-2014 11:46 AM)Kurt Wrote:  For me Baker is right in my path on the way to the Q and it has the best of two worlds for me with the LR gong and the .22 also with fine hospitality. I'm getting to know the shooters there and they are a fine bunch to shoot with. It's a very challenging range to shoot on.

Kurt
Big Grin How many years did it take me to convince you to finally stop in there and give the place a lookHuhRolleyes

A few Smile I think the best thing happened is when the Q got rained out and that made me make the trip down to see what it was all about.
Good tough place to shoot and one fine bunch of people to shoot with.
Besides Cindy has the bestes bunch of cinnamon rolls Tongue

11-22-2014, 10:10 PM
Good tough place to shoot and one fine bunch of people to shoot with.
Besides Cindy has the bestes bunch of cinnamon rolls Tongue
[/quote]
them cinnamon carmel rolls were good ..how are you going to get her to make them this year ??SmileSmile
11-22-2014, 11:15 PM
Wouldn't know about any cinnamon or carmel rolls, never got offered any, but I can tell you the feed bag that Mrs. Hennebry threw for all the shooters and guests at the 22 bpcr match was nothing short of fantastic.